terça-feira, 20 de março de 2012

OLD AGE SYMPTOMS...

AAADD- KNOW THE SYMPTOMS.....
Thank goodness there's a name for this disorder.
Somehow I feel better, even though I have it!!
Recently, I was diagnosed with A.A.A.D.D. - Age Activated Attention Deficit Disorder.
This is how it manifests itself:




I decide to water my garden.
As I turn on the hose in the driveway,
I look over at my car and decide it needs washing.
As I head towards the garage, I notice mail on the porch table that
I picked up from the post man earlier.
I decide to go through the mail before I wash the car.

I lay my car keys on the table, put the junk mail in the recycling box under the table,
and notice that the recycling box is full.
So, I decide to put the bills back on the table and take out the recycling first.
But then I think, since I'm going to be near the postbox when I take out the recycling paper anyway,
I may as well pay the bills first.

I take my cheque book off the table,
And notice that there is only one cheque left.
My extra cheques are in my desk in the study,
so I go inside the house to my desk where I find the cup of coffee I'd been drinking.

I'm going to look for my cheques, but first I need to push the coffee aside
so that I don't accidentally knock it over. The coffee is getting cold, and I decide to make another cup.

As I head toward the kitchen with the cold coffee,
a vase of flowers on the worktop catches my eye - the flowers need water.
I put the coffee on the worktop and discover my reading glasses that
I've been searching for all morning.
I decide I better put them back on my desk,
but first I'm going to water the flowers.



Da fotografa inglesa - Mouraria
I put the glasses back down on the worktop, fill a container with water and suddenly spot the TV remote control.

Someone left it on the kitchen table.
I realise that tonight when we go to watch TV, I'll be looking for the remote,
but I won't remember that it's on the kitchen table, so I decide to put it back where it belongs, but first I'll 

put some water in the flowers, but quite a bit of it spills on the floor.
So, I put the remote back on the table, get some towels and wipe up the spill.
Then, I head down the hall trying to remember what I was planning to do.

At the end of the day:
The car isn't washed
The bills aren't paid
There is a cold cup of coffee sitting on the counter
The flowers don't have enough water,
There is still only 1 cheque in my cheque book,
I can't find the remote,
I can't find my glasses,
And I don't remember what I did with the car keys..
Then, when I try to figure out why nothing got done today, I'm really baffled because I know I was busy all damn day, and I'm really tired.
I realise this is a serious problem, and I'll try to get some help for it, but first I'll check my e-mail....
Do me a favour. Forward this message to everyone you know, Because I don't remember who the hell I've sent it to.
Don't laugh - if this isn't you yet, your day is coming!!


Author ou authors: unknown. Authors, because when anyone receives an email of this sort,they will add a little sentence or so. In portuguese we would say: quem conta um conto acrescenta um ponto.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Obrigada pela visita, deixe o seu comentario aqui:
Thanks for your visit, leave your comment here:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...